Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Goyard for Pets

From the Queen of Cashmere "This Brand Has Gone to the Dogs" posted May 21, 2010 @ 4:52pmOn Tuesday, while strolling along the Rue St-Honoré in Paris, I came across Goyard. The brand has maintained shops there for-absolutely-ever. I remember them from my first forays into Parisian shopping. I was about 14 at the time. This was well before the Barney’s and Bergdorf fueled renaissance which brushed the dust off their stodgy image and raised the glam factor significantly.

There are two Goyard shops. You can see the main store in the reflection of the glass storefront of #352.The entire first floor is dedicated to canine follies and indulgences — le chic du chien. And you know how I feel about my petite follie, LouLou, ne c’est pas?
There were custom collars galore. All bespoke and personalized according to the master’s taste and inclination. There were doggy travel bowls made portable in Goyard signature cases. Perfect for our Queen of Cashmere road trips.There were custom dog carriers which in my universe is referred to as a ”sneaky-bag”. My current bag just isn’t cutting it. LouLou and I have been discovered many a time and been thrown out of the very best of places. All Goyard dog carriers can be made to order and completely customzied which means the sneak-quotient can be upped considerably. Embarrassing removals could become a thing of the past.Below is Joseph who offered to make a harness to fit LouLou if I sent him one of hers for sizing. He is extremely charming and accommodating. Anything for LouLou that my heart might desire can be had. Later, The Consort asked, ” How much was a harness?” He hates it when I don’t ask the price of anything. In his eyes, it’s my gravest failing. I promised to work harder at reform in the future.

1 comment: